Before submitting the thesis
- The completion of the course study requirements and the language requires will be considered (ensuring that all of the grades have been updated and the final GPA is not less than 75).
- It will be ensured that at least two weeks but no more than one year has passed since the date on which the seminar lecture was given. (Based on the regulations – the thesis must be submitted within one year form the date on which the seminar lecture was given. In the research/project track, the seminar lecture must be given during the last year of the course of study, at least two weeks before the submission of the thesis to the school. In the final paper track, the seminar lecture must be given by the date of the submission of the thesis).
- If you took courses in excess of the requirements and you would like to classify them as extra courses, for the submission of the thesis, please contact Studies Office in the Graduate School, at phone number: 972-4-8292574 or E-mail.
Extra courses cannot be addressed after the submission of the thesis.
Request form for the exclusion of excess courses.
- It will be ensured that your Exam Committee is approved by the School:
The date of the Exam Committee’s approval must appear in the transcript, under the graduation section.
Students may also check with the Office of Graduation Procedures at: 8292572 or E-mail.
Thesis will not be accepted unless there is an Exam Committee approved by the School.
- A PDF file of the thesis should be sent (one file including the Hebrew part and the English part) in its final version to Graduation.
The file must be sent no later then two days before the submission of the thesis and email confirmation must be received before the thesis is sent.
In order to check if you need to submit any bound copies to the Graduation office, please contact Graduation.
If the student needs to submit bound copies he must arrive to the Printing department with the PDF file. The thesis can be bound at any printer, provided that the binding is performed based on the instructions. The telephone number of Technion’s printing department is 8294385 or 8294373.
Please note, emailing the PDF file of the thesis does not fulfill the requirement of submission of the thesis.
- It should be ensured that there are no debts in the Accounts Office of Students by clicking the following link and ordering the confirmation of no debts. After the matter is handled by the Accounts Office of Students, notice will be sent to the student via email regarding closing the account, which will state the date of the confirmation’s validity. The student must wait to receive the email notice before submitting the thesis.
Submission of the thesis
When the thesis is ready for submission, and the Exam Committee is approved, the documents and thesiss must be brought to the Office of Graduation Procedures.
The hours of are Sunday-Thursday, between 9:30-12:30 only, or with prior coordination via phone at 04-8292572. There will be no reception on days on which there are ceremonies for higher degrees. Please note: According to Technion’s Management decision, failure to submit the thesis and/or documents on time, even by a few days, will result in tuition payment.
The submission of the thesis will include the following documents (a missing document may delay the thesis acceptance):
- Written confirmation from the advisor of his consent to the thesis submission. If there are partner advisors, they will also approve the submission of the thesis. There is no special form for the approval, and the approval may be provided in handwriting, provided that it is signed. The approval can be sent from the official (institute) e-mail of the advisor. E-mails received from a private e-mail account (gmail,yahoo etc.) will not be accepted.
- Form of personal details.
- An approval from the advisor for giving the seminar. The approval can be sent from the official (institute) e-mail of the advisor. E-mails received from a private e-mail account (gmail,yahoo etc.) will not be accepted. With this approval, please submit two documents. With this approval, the student will submit two documents. The first, the seminar publication in the faculty and the second the seminar publication in the Technion.
- If the words “faculty requirement – met” appear on the transcript, confirmation must be received from the Graduate Studies Secretary of the fulfillment of the said requirement.
- The PDF sent at the same time (Section 6 of the previous paragraph) as one file including the Hebrew part and the English part. The PDF file that will be sent to the examiners will be the last file approved by the Graduation procedure office unless an updated file will be sent to the office at the time of submission of the thesis. Bound thesis if needed (please check with the graduation procedure office) .Thesis will not be submitted directly to the examiners.
- If the research title is changed – the form to change the research title must be attached, when signed by the advisor and the chairman / coordinator of graduate studies in the department.
- If the thesis is published in journals, the list of printed publications will be submitted.