- The scholarships at Technion are awarded in monthly portions.
- A student may receive 1-6 scholarship portions in a given month.
- The number of scholarship portions is determined by the academic unit.
- Each month of receiving a scholarship will be counted as a full month (as part of the scholarship duration for the current degree), regardless of the number of scholarship portions given in the same month.
- A scholarship recipient who receives confirmation for extension of the scholarship duration, is required to submit the thesis at the end of the extension period.
- Guidelines for presence at Technion and work while receiving a scholarship and scholarship extension period.
- Scholarship duration of a student for master’s degree is up to 24 months of scholarship during the time allocated for his course of study.
- Scholarship duration of a student for PhD in the ordinary track degree is up to 42* months of scholarship during the time allocated for his course of study.
- Scholarship duration of a student for PhD in the direct track (The months are counted from the beginning of the Master’s degree course of studies) and for a student for PhD in the special track is up to 66 months of scholarship during the time allocated for his course of study.
*At physics, chemistry, biology and medicine: up to 48 months of scholarship for regular PhD and up to 66 months of scholarship for PhD in the direct track and for PhD in the special track.
Scholarship Extension Period
An extension to the scholarship period is at the discretion of the Graduate Studies Departmental Committee.
- MSc – Extension of up to 6 months (6-A).
- PhD in the ordinary track, in the direct track and in the special track – Extension of up to 12** months (6-O; 6-A).
**At physics, chemistry, biology and medicine: The first 6 months extension (6-O) is included in the nominal scholarship duration and does not require the approval of the departmental graduate studies committee.
Please note: In very extraordinary and special cases, the departmental graduate studies committee and the Dean of the Graduate School, will consider an additional extraordinary extension of up to 6 moths (6-B) at most, in addition to all the above mentioned extensions, for MSc, PhD in the ordinary track, in the direct track and in the special track.
Scholarship duration and scholarship extension period
|Degree type||Maximum months of scholarship||(*)Maximum months of scholarship at physics, chemistry, biology and medicine||Maximum months of scholarship in an extension period of 6-O scholarship (except at physics, chemistry, biology and medicine)||Maximum months of scholarship in an extension period of 6-A scholarship||Maximum months of scholarship in an extension period of 6-B scholarship|
|PhD in the ordinary track||42||48||6||6||6|
|PhD in a direct track and PhD in a special track||60||66||6||6||6|
Scholarship duration for a student in a qualifying academic status
Please note, the duration for receiving a scholarship for a “qualifying student” status is 12 months, maximum. Extensions are not possible.
The scholarship months awarded during the “qualifying” status period, will be deducted from the number of allocated degree scholarship months.