As of the 2016/2017 winter semester (starting October 2016) new acceptance criteria to will be applied for new application requests to the Technion graduate dormitories.
The new criteria will not be applied to Technion graduate students whose dormitories residence was approved prior to 2015/2016 spring semester, inclusive.
- The dorms for graduate degree students are located on the Technion campus.
- There are three types of dorms: dorms for individuals, dorms for couples and dorms for families.
- Scholarship recipients who do not own or whose spouses do not own an apartment, and who receive three or more scholarship portions, may submit a request.
- Requests may be submitted for a period of one to two semesters. Requests will not be accepted for less than one semester
Maximum Dormitory residence duration
|Degree||Maximum Dormitory residence duration
|Master's||up to two years / Up to a maximum of 4 semesters (whichever comes first)
|Doctorate||up to three years / Up to a maximum of 6 semesters (whichever comes first)
|Direct Track / Special Track||up to four years / Up to a maximum of 8 semesters (whichever comes first)
|End of Master's degree and enrollment to a PhD Track (indirect route)||Up to a total of four years for both degrees/ Up to a maximum Total of 8 semesters for both degrees: The Number of semesters during the Master's degree + number of semesters in the partial Doctorate.
|Transferring the contract between spouses||Dormitory residence duration will be calculated according to the maximum residence duration (Pending on the degree studied) each spouse is entitled to.
This period will be deducted from the residence durations used by the contract holder, and the new contract entitlement (for the new dormitory applicant), will be possible only for the balance duration within the current degree (if exists).
- Dormitory residence duration is calculated in full semesters only.
- The semester count will begin from the semester entrance to the dormitories.
- Entrance to the dormitories during the semester, will be counted as residence in a full semester.
- Extensions for partial semesters in the dormitories, will not be granted.
- The Residency duration in the graduate dormitories is strict and can not be extended.
- The Extensions will not be granted due to all types of approved vacations and / or training and/ or cinfrences abroad and/or Internships.
- Eligibility for dorms is determined based on academic considerations as well as socioeconomic considerations (which are not necessarily interdependent), and based on the availability of rooms / apartments in a given semester.
- A dorm resident must be a scholarship recipient throughout the term of eligibility for residence.
- The Graduate School is responsible to determine eligibility for residence and placement in dorms (for master’s and PhD students only).
- The Main Dorm Office is responsible for the ongoing handling of the dorms and collection of dorm fees (English site under construction). Actual collection is performed by the Office of Student Accounts.
- A request to receive residence in the dorms will be submitted through the request form for residence in the dorms, based on the following:
Dorms – schedules. The request may be submitted to Mrs. Dalit Harel at the upper dormitory main office or sent via fax: 04-8295044, or via email .
- After eligibility is determined for residence at the dorms, the placement in the various dorms is determined.
The student’s preference regarding placement is taken into account, to the extent possible.
- Answers to dorm residence requests (positive and negative) are sent via email to the Technion email address of the student. New students are required to process immediately upon being accepted to studies, in order to enable the answer to the request to be sent via email.
Please contact the upper dormitory main office for more details.